For booking and getting information about sports fields please contact
Booking of an area and advertising
How to reach us by car
The main beach
Arrival for cars to the main beach of Hostivař reservoir is by the street K Jezerou from the Košík housing estate. (Beware of the street K Jezeru Street is also from the Háje but it’s impassable)
Free public parking is available
GPS parking: 50.041646, 14.529251
You can also find more parking options in the Háje housing estate in the streets around Výstavní Street.
Nudist beach The nudist beach does not have its own car park. If you are heading to Nudist Beach by car, the easiest way to park is along the Výstavní and Novopetrovska streets and then walk across the field road.
How to reach us by foot or on the bike
For those who like to walk or biking, there are few ways to reach Hostivař reservoir.
- From Háje – the reservoir is reachable from Háje and the Jižní město , also from the Háje Metro.
- From Košík – this is the shortest route, either by a panel road or a forest park that extends to the edge of the housing estate.
- From Hostivař – beautiful scenery of the Hostivař forest park, where stop tram lines number 22 and 26.
- From Měcholupy and Petrovice – this is a very similar way to the one from Hostivař. Through the forest park or one of the adjoining streets, you will join the U Břehu street leading beside the reservoir to the main gate. The journey takes about 25 minutes walking or 10 minutes by bike. You can also go on the other side by Euklidova Street to the Nudist Beach 15-20 minutes walking or 5 minutes by bike or alternatively continue along the Výstavní and K Jezeru way to the main gate of the lido. This journey takes a little longer.
As you can see all the roads lead to the Hostivař reservoir. We wish you a pleasant journey and look forward to your visit.
How to reach us by public transport
The Hostivař reservoir is easily accessible from all sides. You can reach us from Jižní město, Háje, Hostivař, Měcholupy or Petrovice.
There are 9 bus stops near the reservoir in total. Some of them are really close to the reservoir, and some offer a pleasant walk.
The main beach
The fastest way to the main lido is from bus stop:
- Selská ( Košík ) bus no. 177, 181, 506, 609 – walk distance from HR 967 m
- Wagnerova ( Háje ) bus no. 293 – walking distance from HR 897 m
- Jižní Město bus No. 136, 165, 170, 213, 505 – walk distance from HR 969 m
Other ways to the main gate:
- By metro – stop Háje – distance on foot from HR 1,6km
- K obecním hájovnám, bus no. 181 – walking distance from HR: 1.6 km
- Nad Košíkem, bus no. 181 – walking distance from HR: 1.4 km
- K Lesoparku, bus no. 175 – walking distance from HP: 2.2 km
- Řepčická, bus no. 125, 175, 183, 511 – walking distance from HP: 1.9 km
- Livornská, bus no. 125, 240, 296, 570, 511 – walking distance from HR: 3.2 km
- Newtonova, bus no. 240, 296 – walking distance from HR: 2.9 km/li>
The fastest way to Nudist Beach is by bus or metro from:
- Jižní Město bus no. 136, 165, 170, 213, 505 – walking distance from NB: 450 m
- By metro – stop Háje – distance on foot from NB 1,6km
- Newtonova, bus no. 240, 296 distance on foot from NB: 1.8 km
Rules and regulations
- Entry to the area is possible only with a valid ticket.
- Entrance to the area is allowed only to persons from 15 years old. A younger person can entry the area only with another person which is older than 18 years old. Drunk people are not allowed to enter the area. !
- Please take care of your belongings. The groundsman is not responsible for your belongings.
- Swimming in the area is on your own risk and it´is possible only in the places meant to swim.
- Visitors who cannot swim or they are not sure about their swimming level should use the bank area for non-swimmers.
- Contact lifeguard or groundsman in a case of need first aid.
- Due to your own safety listen to the lifeguard’s instructions.
- Visiting the area is only possible during the opening hours.
- Sports can be done only at the specialized sports fields.
- In the area is forbidden to:
- bring tools which can cause injury – glass or sharp objects, knives, etc.,
- biking, skating, skateboarding or other transportation
- bring dogs or other animals,
- jump to the water from the relaxing pier or other places which are not meant to jump, push another person into water or to drown someone,
- entry the area with the vehicle without the permission from the groundsman,
- to physically threaten or bother other people (loud noise, etc.),
- to smoke or work with the open fire inside of the social facilities,
- make a fire,
- pollute by sticking posters, tagging, graffiti or by stickers,
- wash or clean your clothes, cut hair or to shave,
- pwear a swimsuit or other clothes in the nudist area,
- use a camera and take pictures in the nudist area.
- bring own food and drinks which were bought outside of the area except for special diets and baby food.
It is hard to imagine how the Hostivar reservoir looked like years ago but there are still witnesses who do remember the old times. They do remember the old romantic valley between Hostivař and Petrovice where the creek Botič flowed and where people went swimming in between the old willows. And because of its popularity, people started to think about nature lido. The first one was created between 1924-1925 by blocking of the “5th pool”. It was built by the football players of the SK Hostivař and it worked for one year but then it was destroyed by the flood.
The second lido was built in 1927 by the municipality. It had a concrete bottom and supposedly it was a very expensive investment even though the bottom was very shallow. This lido was placed in the same place where is reservoir build today. The pool was built on the north side so there was no sun and because of the shallowness was very soon full of mud. The pool was open for the public for one year and then put out of order. Although it was closed it was still mentioned in the maps of Prague in the year 1948.
In June 1940, an article was published in the Hostivař Sokol newspaper – The Notifier – about a projected swimming pool behind the Moucha´s mlýny (it stood in the middle of today’s dam between the dam and Petrovice). Efforts to build new lido had come from the Národní souručenství with hostivař Sokol. Unfortunately, only the wish remained.
Lido with the longest period of operation was the one build in 1948-1950. The idea about lido was set up also by the Sokol and the main organizer become Miroslav Špánek, member of TJ Marius. He has drawn the plan and helped by himself during the construction for 1634 hours. First of all -The land where there is a semi-circular high hillside facing south (today it is a place on the other side of the second beach) was bought. Brigade made a new trough for a Botič which was meandered there. In the old trough were build two pools and one paddling pool. The build was done in two years by 130 members of Sokol and other temporary workers. They worked on it about 10 thousand hours. Brigades from Obus, TOS and Film Studios also helped. The walls of the pool were created from concrete and on the bottom was river sand. The dressing room (12 x 4 m) was built by carpenter Karel Párys with M. Špánek in two days. The track for a material transport was lent by V. Červený (one of the first factory in Hostivař – founded in 1884).
How did the pools look like? The Botič stream was led to the trough the dam where was filter and from where the water flowed to the paddling pool (60 x 6 meters with the 40 cm depth). From the paddling pool the water flowed to the big pool for non-swimmers (15 x 10 meters with the 80 cm depth) and from there continue to the big pool (50 x 23 meters with average depth 170 cm). From there was outfall back to the Botič stream. The water was changed by its fallout which was regulated by floodgate.
Filling of the pools lasted circa 4 days because in the year 1950 the botič stream had not enough water. 9th July was the solemnly opening of the new Lido. Since that time was lido with a grassy beach very favorite place. It existed for about ten years until the new reservoir was about to be built. The old lido is today on the bottom of the new reservoir.
The centennial water in the big flood on 8.7.1958 extremely damage Hostivař (it destroyed also the fishing club build by fishermen in 1951) and lead to the decision of creating the big reservoir which should protect the city. The construction was made between 1961-1963 and during it was Mocha’s mill flooded and now it lays on the bottom of the new reservoir. The new 13 meters high and 112 meters long dam was created. The reservoir with the total area 43,3 HA was filled in 1964. It is 12 meters deep and can withhold 2,1 millions of cubic meters. Besides the protection reason, it was built for recreation use. That is why on one side on the Vatra was planted 250 HA of the forest which was added to the existing 70 HA of the forest. The upper part was transformed into the park. New sightseeing roads were built and one of them the 3 km long follow the shape of the reservoir. For easy access for holiday-makers was created a new bus line named recreation line with number 226.
Besides the reservoir was created also “boat” line. This boat line was operated with catamaran named Turtle 2. The boat line was decommissioned after a few years.
Today is this place paradise for holiday-makers and fishermen. The reservoir is rich in a number of the fish species and some of them grow really big. ONe of the biggest fishes which were caught was carp with weight 15 kg, catfish with weight 50 kg or white amur. Unfortunate evidence of the big fishes living in the reservoir was a big flood in 2002 when people found Silver carps with weight 30 kg.